Basic Function: Provide security and safety of Seven Canyon’s assets, members and guests. Security and safety of the facility is provided by continually monitoring and observing the gated entrance, grounds, and facilities, reporting security and safety problems and events to supervisors and attend job specific training classes.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the Seven Canyon’s property, services, facilities and buildings.
- Have a basic knowledge of the adjacent property and access points to Seven Canyons.
- Obtain basic and advanced knowledge of related security and safety concerns, through on the job training, education and experience.
- Monitor security surveillance cameras looking for unauthorized access through the entrance gate, obvious shoplifting and burglaries.
- Conduct in-depth, at random security/safety inspection patrols, regardless of weather
- Provide vehicle escorts onto and from the property
- Provide first responder medical attention as needed
- Prepare a variety of reports on activities performed, unusual activities observed and documentation of incidents
- Participate in the training of new attn. to ensure a good working knowledge of policy and procedure
- May be requested to teach classes from time to time relative to updated procedures and new trends and innovations relative to the security field
- Direct traffic at special events or emergency circumstances
- Be able to memorize street names and numbered addresses located on the property and be familiar with the quickest access route to areas on the golf course
- Recognize potential safety hazards and react/report appropriately
- Greet all arriving and departing members, guests and employees in a professional manner
- Learn members’ names and address them appropriately
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other employees of Seven Canyons and affiliated companies to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conductive to making Seven Canyons a world-class property
- Maintain computer and paper files in a neat and orderly fashion
- Communicate/report events that have happened over the past 24 hours to your shift supervisor
- Read communication on all bulletin boards prior to taking over from the previous shift
- Adhere to and support the Mission Statement and Beliefs of Seven Canyons
- Communicate unusual or emergency situations to the General Manager, Chief of Security, MOD and other appropriate parties
- Ability to work in organized team efforts and assist in problem solving work related issues for continuous improvement in work efforts
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing conditions and procedures
- Regularly exercise discretion and judgment when working with members and guests in order to provide an exemplary level of service
- Be able to work outside the gatehouse during all weather conditions to greet vehicles and to conduct security/safety rounds of the property
- Able to drive golf cart and company vehicles with valid operation license
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and shifts as required
- Perform other duties as requested at the instruction of the Security Supervisor, Director of Security or General Manager
High School graduate or equivalent, Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Computer experience with Word and Excel. Ability to understand, write and execute documents such as safety rules, policy manuals, incident reports, medical reports, etc. Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have ability to apply common sense and appropriately handle guest and team member needs. Excellent communication skills required with attention to detail. Must be able to perform basic First Aid, CPR and AED skills upon successful completion of an approved training course. Safety sensitive position.
80% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Use of cleaning solutions, room spray & bug spray
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive golf cart
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 7922