Chemical Spray Technician
Perform chemical applications on golf course properties and fertilizes tees, greens and fairways; applies chemicals on greens. The Chemical Technician is responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). This position is also responsible for compiling preliminary reports of pesticide usage for the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state and federal regulations and is responsible for the safety and direction of chemical handlers and or helpers.
- Know how to operate sprayers and spreaders.
- Be able to read and interpret labels.
- Keep MSDS books current.
- Manage inventory and usage of applications, pesticides and fertilizers.
- Develops/works with Assistants for pesticide programs.
- Performs other duties as directed by Golf Course Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
- Requires a complete knowledge of chemical application equipment
- Requires acknowledge in the safe mechanical operation calibration of the following types of equipment: Mechanically pressurized spray equipment, hand-operated spray equipment, hand-operated rotary and drop spreaders, utility tractors
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year(+) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pest Controller’s License (SPCC) or obtain with in 30 days.
- Requires current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- Must have completed requirements as demanded by the state and federal governments, including those required by the OSHA Hazard Communications Standard.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
70% Walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 25 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
Ability to work in all weather conditions