The responsibility of the Chef is to consistently exceed the expectations of our members, employees, owners and guests by: ensuring top quality fresh food, providing support to all staff where needed, projecting a positive attitude, providing superior teamwork and promoting world-class professional ideals. Additionally, the Chef will direct the Kitchen staff to provide world class service and prime quality fresh food. Must maintain proper food cost of sales and strive to achieve budgeted numbers each month.
- Promotes and adheres to the Seven Canyons Mission Statement, Seven Standards of Excellence and the Values and Beliefs Statement
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws with regard to food and beverage operations including, but not limited to, liquor laws, food safety laws, etc.
- Responsible for following all Club policies and procedures, rules and regulations
- Responsible for ongoing development of and adherence to all standard operating policies and procedures in the Food and Beverage Department including product, service, food safety, health codes, etc. for both front and back of the house
- Manage, motivate and lead the culinary staff.Oversee and monitor the hiring training, evaluation, disciplining and supervision of all staff in the Culinary Department primarily by delegating authority and assigning responsibility to the line cooks.
- Hire, train, evaluate, discipline and directly supervise the line cooks.
- Maintain good working relationship with all staff members within the Food and Beverage Department and with other departments in the Club.
- Maintain a pleasant, professional relationship with members and their guests including direct responsibility for member/guest satisfaction
- Ensure smooth and efficient flow of product between front and back of the house.
- Work with the F&B Director to develop and adhere to budgets for all culinary operations.
- Monitor food sales and costs by way of menu costing. Analyze financial performance monthly as directed by F & B Director
- Implement work schedules according to business levels and monitor staffing levels to maintain budgeted levels of employment
- Supervise programs and processes to reduce and control loss time injuries
- Participate in changes in the menus as directed by F & B Director
- Participate in and execute special functions (tournaments, private parties, weddings, etc.) with other managers as needed
- Ensure the cleanliness and neat appearance of the culinary area at all times
- Perform all other responsibilities as directed by the F & B Director.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long term financial operating plans as directed by Club General Manager.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, executive meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community public relations for the club.
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Director.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
Culinary degree or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Prefer 3+ years’ prior management level skills and private club culinary/food and beverage operations experience. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods. Must maintain current food handler’s certification.
Supervision Exercised: Responsible for direction and supervision to all employees in culinary department.
Supervision Received: Food & Beverage Director, Club General Manager
90% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Taste and smell
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary