The mission of the Utility Steward is to continually keep up with all used dishes, pots, pans and silverware. Washing these items is on on-going task and will keep up with. The Utility steward will also help with prep items where needed.
1. The primary function of the Utility steward is to clean all dishes, pots, pans and silverware.
2. The Utility Steward will also help out in the kitchen where needed. This could include helping prep food and preparing meals as directed by the Chef and Sous Chef.
3. The Utility Steward will work closely with the line cooks to assist in preparation in any way necessary.
4. The Utility Steward will work on the Line as needed to assist the line cooks or alone at time of low business.
5. Setting the standard for the image of Seven Canyons should be always be considered.
6. Projecting yourself in attitude, dress and overall image should be nothing short of world-class.
7. Maintaining a clean, organized kitchen daily.
8. This should be kept up with on an-going basis.
9. Items are to be put away in an orderly fashion and kept organized.
10. Other daily tasks are: sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping down countertops, taking trash to the compacter, breaking down cardboard boxes, helping put away inventory, cleaning walk-in coolers and any other task as directed by the Chef and Sous Chef.
11. Always working with a team attitude and assisting in areas where help is needed.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Seven Canyons Chef
High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years minimum kitchen experience necessary. Prefer some culinary school courses. Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Must be comfortable communicating with staff with Basic English. Must maintain current food handler’s certification.
90% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Taste and smell
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 8383