The mission of the Steward is to continually keep up with all used dishes, pots, pans and silverware. Washing these items is on on-going task and will keep up with. The dishwasher will also help with prep items where needed.
- The primary function of the steward is to clean all dishes, pots, pans and silverware.
- The Steward will also help out in the kitchen where needed. This could include helping prep food and preparing meals as directed by the Chef.
- The Steward will work closely with the line cooks to assist in preparation in any way necessary.
- Setting the standard for the image of Seven Canyons should be always be considered.
- Projecting yourself in attitude, dress and overall image should be nothing short of world-class.
- Maintaining a clean, organized kitchen daily.
- This should be kept up with on an-going basis.
- Items are to be put away in an orderly fashion and kept organized.
- Other daily tasks are: sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping down countertops, taking trash to the compacter, breaking down cardboard boxes, helping put away inventory, cleaning walk-in coolers and any other task as directed by the Chef.
- Always working with a team attitude and assisting in areas where help is needed.
High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years minimum kitchen experience necessary. Prefer some culinary school courses. Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Must be comfortable communicating with staff with Basic English. Must maintain current food handler’s certification.
90% walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Taste and smell
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary