F&B Manager/Events Coordinator
Basic Function: The restaurant manager is responsible for the successful operations of dining room. He/she ensures that the highest standards of service and product are maintained at all times. The restaurant manager supervises all F & B front of the house staff and ensures the satisfaction of all members and their guests.
- Promote and adheres to the Seven Canyons Mission Statement, Seven Standards of Excellence and the Values and Beliefs Statement
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local laws with regard to food and beverage operations including, but not limited to, liquor laws, food safety laws, etc.
- Follow all club policies and procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensure development of and adherence to all standard operating procedures in the F&B Department including product, service, alcohol awareness, food safety, etc.
- Manage, motivate and lead the F&B staff
- Assist and monitor the hiring, training, evaluation, disciplining and supervision of all staff in F&B
- Maintain good working relationship with all staff members within the F&B Dept. and with other departments in the Club
- Handle all reservations efficiently and effectively
- Maintain a pleasant, professional relationship with members and their guests including direct responsibility for member/guest satisfaction
- Ensure smooth and efficient flow of product between front and back of the house
- Ensure POS is properly working, all appropriate staff are trained and nightly reports are done correctly
- Train F&B staff on all POS upgrades
- Purchase and control costs of beverages and appropriate supplies
- Maintain necessary inventories of beer, wine, distilled spirits and all non-alcoholic beverages to include monthly inventory counts
- Plan all orders for future events and members arrival according to business level
- Act in server role as business designates
- Purchase flowers and order special linen for all future events
- Implement work schedules according to business levels and monitor staffing levels to maintain budget levels of employment
- Plan and execution of special functions (tournaments, private parties, weddings, etc.)
- Assist and advise other departments and club personnel as necessary to assure the successful performance of the F & B department and the Club overall. Clearly communicate with all other departments and members about upcoming events in order to ensure an appealing and comfortable environment for members and guests.
- Ensure the cleanliness and neat appearance of the dining room at all times
- Perform all other responsibilities as directed by the General Manager
- Create, update and distribute function sheets as information becomes available
- Discuss event strategy with appropriate Department Heads as outlined by the banquet, tournament or weeding contact
- Participate in weekly departmental meetings summarizing future events and their details
- Conduct site inspections/tours as required
- Build banquet, tournament, weddings and special events packages catering to the needs of the members
- Be conversant with all liquor, fire and safety regulations as they apply to the operation of the clubhouse
- Have a thorough knowledge of set up, layouts and maximum room configurations for a variety of banquet activities including weddings, member mixers, receptions and special events banquets
- Preparation of post event evaluation reports
- Maintain and improve industry knowledge through training seminars and personal evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Prior food & beverage management experience and Sommelier preferred. Prefer 3+ years’ prior supervisory skills and hotel/resort food and beverage operations experience. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must maintain current food handler’s certification
70% Walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
Ability to work in all weather conditions