Basic Function: The irrigation technician, under the supervision of the golf course superintendent or the assistant superintendent, is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation system(s). The irrigation technician is required to report any irregularities in the course turf quality to the superintendent or the asst. superintendent.
- Waters greens, tees and fairways.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Repairs the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
- Completes requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies.
- Repairs greens with seeds or plugs of new grass when needed.
- Grades and prepare soil base, lays sod and seeds greens, tees and fairways.
- Operates dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- Occasionally supervising a small labor force for special projects, and performs other duties as directed by their supervisor.
Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems. Understanding of agronomy, turf grass science and the rules of golf. Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work. Ability to operate light motorized equipment. Ability to follow oral and written directions. Possession of a valid driver’s license. Safety sensitive position.
70% Walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 25 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
Ability to work in all weather conditions